CS03 – 2 Day Confined Space Entry Medium Risk Course
This course delivers 14 hours Accredited *CPD classroom and practical instruction and is aimed at operatives who may need to carry out a medium risk confined space entry which will require the use of gas monitoring and may require the use of escape breathing apparatus (ie. foul and storm water sewerage systems).
It will involve the presence of one or more people, positioned outside the confined space, who have designated responsibilities for controlling the entry into the confined space. This may involve a vertical entry using a ladder and fall arrest/recovery winch or man-riding winch and harness. It can also involve a horizontal entry, such as walking or climbing into the confined space or working away from the bottom of a vertical entry, with limited use of a rescue lines.
On completion of the course, delegates should be able to identify typical confined spaces, understand the risks that may be present or introduced and ensure that appropriate control measures are in place prior to entering a medium risk confined space.
• Overview of the Confined Spaces and Associated Regulations
• “What is a confined space?”
• Hazards associated with confined spaces
• Defining confined spaces
• Problem atmospheres (gases and gas monitoring)
• Safe Systems of Work
• Work team roles and duties
• First Aid and medical considerations
• Typical confined space entry scenarios
• Typical confined space equipment and user checks
• Overview of user checks and assembly of Escape Breathing Apparatus (EBA)
• Practical vertical entry exercise with gas monitor, harness, tripod and winch and EBA
• Course duration: Two days (9:00am – 5:00pm)
• Maximum instructor/delegate ratio: 1:8
• Delivery: Classroom based theory and practical training
• Assessment: Multiple choice test paper and practical skills assessment
• Certification: CPD Accredited Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
• Delegates must have a good command of written and spoken English
• Delegates will require suitable PPE (footwear, gloves and clothing)
• Delegates must be medically and physically fit to work in confined spaces and carry out manual handling (a self-certification questionnaire is to be completed on the course)