CS08 – ½ Day Confined Space Portable Gas Monitoring Course
This course delivers three hours Accredited *CPD classroom and practical instruction and is aimed at operatives who will be responsible for carrying out pre-entry and continuous gas monitor readings whilst working in confined spaces, ensuring that the atmospheric conditions are acceptable prior to entry and during entry. It looks at the typical types of gas monitors available, sensors and the requirement for response testing along with maintenance and typical problems.
On completion of the course, delegates should be able to identify typical confined space gases, set up, use and understand typical confined space portable gas monitoring equipment and carrying out pre-entry and continuous gas monitoring.
• Extracts from L101 and related regulations with regards to gas monitoring
• Problem atmospheres and typical confined space gases
• Gas monitor checks and maintenance
• Pre-use gas monitor checks including response testing
• Practical gas testing using a portable gas monitor
• Written test
• Course duration: Half day (am 09:00 – 12:00 or pm 13:00 – 16:00)
• Maximum instructor/delegate ratio: 1:10
• Delivery: Classroom based theory and practical
• Assessment: Practical and written assessment
• Certification: Each delegate will receive a Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
• Delegates must have a good command of the English language
• Delegates do not require any PPE/FPE for the course