CS07 – 1 Day Confined Space Rescue and Recovery Course
This course delivers 7 hours Accredited *CPD classroom and practical instruction and is aimed at operatives who may be involved in the rescue of a casualty from a confined space and form part of the rescue team.
Extract from Confined Spaces ACOP L101: You must make suitable arrangements for emergency rescue which will depend on the nature of the confined space, the risks identified and the likely nature of an emergency rescue. You should not rely on the public emergency services. Possible emergencies should be anticipated and appropriate rescue arrangements made. The likely risks, and therefore the equipment and measures needed for a rescue by nearby employees, must be identified and the equipment made available for use.
On completion of the course delegates should be able to form part of a rescue team that could be involved in the recovery of a causality from a confined space utilising the safest method possible based on the pre-prepared rescue plan prior to emergency services attending site to assist.
• Emergency and rescue plans
• The requirement for First Aid and resuscitation
• Typical rescue team roles and duties
• Typical types of confined space rescues
• Typical confined spaces rescue equipment and user checks
• SCBA practical rescue and recovery exercise (side entry)
• SCBA practical rescue and recovery exercise (top entry)
• Course duration: One day (9:00am – 5:00pm)
• Maximum instructor/delegate ratio: 1:6
• Delivery: Classroom based theory and practical training
• Assessment: Practical skills assessment
• Certification: CPD Accredited Certificate of Training (valid for 3 years)
• Delegates must have a good command of written and spoken English
• Delegates will require suitable PPE (footwear, gloves and clothing)
• Delegates must be medically and physically fit to work in confined spaces and carry out manual handling tasks (a self-certification questionnaire is to be completed on the course)
• Delegates must have an in date CS05/CS06 or equivalent certificate