Purpose of the course:
This course delivers 7 hours Accredited *CPD classroom and practical instruction with assessment. It offers delegates training in the rescue and recovery from height from various locations utilising a variety of techniques and rescue kits to suit the workplace and the competencies of the operatives.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to understand the requirements of an effective and robust Emergency and Rescue Plan when carrying out any work at height and confidently *recover a casualty utilising various methods to a place of safety where professional assistance can be administered.
*Morsafe Limited advocates the use of Controlled Descent Device Rescue Kits as they are quick, relatively easy to set up and use. Importantly it does not put the rescuer at any additional risk in most rescue situations.
What will be covered on the course:
- The requirement for an emergency and rescue plan
- First aid requirements and suspension syncope
- Types of rescue and rescue kits
- Practical rescue and recovery of casualty
- Written and practical assessments
- Course duration: One day (9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Maximum instructor/delegate ratio: 1:6
- Delivery: Classroom based theory and practical training
- Assessment: Multiple choice test paper and practical skills assessment
- Certification: CPD Accredited Certificate of Training (valid for 1 year)
- Delegates must have a good command of written and spoken English
- Delegates must be medically and physically fit to work at height and carry out manual handling (a self-certification questionnaire is to be completed on the course)
- Delegates require basic PPE (gloves, sturdy footwear) and clothing suitable for the environment (FPE equipment will be provided)
- Delegates must have an aptitude for working at height
- Delegates must hold in date certification as a climber (ie. HS03, HS04, HS05 or HS06 or equivalent)